Plug Top Replacement Course
The plug top replacement course teaches you how to replace 10A plug tops and sockets to 240V single phase leads and appliances.
Plugs and sockets can be replaced on leads and appliances by people without an electrical qualification or electrical license subject to them possessing the appropriate knowledge, skills and training. (different regulations apply in Queensland)
- undertake a pre-repair check to identify the correct plug top / socket required
- replace a 240V single phase 10A plug top
- replace a 240V single 10A phase socket
- confirm a post-repair polarity check
No formal electrical qualification or license is required; we will teach you everything you need to know.
Students must have completed a test and tag course (proof of training may be requested).
- OH&S considerations
- how to trim and strip a lead
- correct plug top / socket selection
- how to correctly attach a plug top
- how to correctly attach a socket
- the wiring and polarity standards
- perform a post-repair check