Q & As about White Card Online Course

white card online course

Q Why do I need a White Card?

Nearly every building / construction / demolition site requires persons who comes on-site to work unsupervised to do a safety induction AND hold a recognised White Card.  If you don’t have a White Card you most likely will be refused access to the site; that’s not only embarrassing, it can also cost you money because you can’t work.

For people in the test and tag industry, working with tradies and going to construction sites is very common place. Being turned back at the gate makes you look unprofessional in the eyes of your client and means you have to come back another day. Holding a White Card can help prevent that happening.

Q What is the name of the course I will be doing?

The course is nationally accredited and recognised CPCCWHS1001 ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’course.

Upon successfully completing the course, and providing the required documentation, a genuine laminated White Card will be issued to you.

 Q  Will I receive a valid White Card for my State?

 Yes. The white card you will receive is nationally recognised.

A card from any State or Territory in Australia should be recognised in all other States and Territories of Australia.

Q How long is the White Card valid for?
A The White Card you will be issued has NO expiry date. You do the course once and that’s it!
 Q  How long does it take to complete the online course
 A  The course covers the required nominal (face-to-face) six hours of content as required by legislation.  However, due to the efficiencies of online learning we find most people take much less to complete the course.
Q How do I get started?
A Click this link for the overview of the course
 Q  Do I have to do the course in one day?
 A  No. Access is available online 24 hours a day. You can stop the course any time you want to and log back in when suits you; it will remember where you were up to.  In fact, you have 12 months to complete the course!
 Q  How long does it take to get my White Card once I have finished the course?
 A  When you complete the course you need to submit 3 documents. Once the documents are received  your card will be posted out via surface mail within 3-5 working days
Q Can I purchase a course for an employee or as a gift a friend?
A Yes indeed.  All you do is make the payment for the number of courses you want. We will issue you with a unique “identifier code” for each course you purchase and your employee or friend enters this when they start the course.
 Q  Who issues the White Card?
 A This White Card course is offered through leading RTO Urban E-Learning RTO 31973
 Q  What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
 A  Beginning in 2015 if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Your USI gives you access to your online USI account which will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards. If you don’t already have your USI number this can be created easily through the profile section of your account. For more information regarding the USI please visit www.usi.gov.au.
Q Help!  I need a White Card urgently, so how fast can I get it?
A Once you have successfully completed the course, including your assessments and feedback, you will have access to your Statement of Attainment immediately. You can print this out at home, library or your employers office. In Victoria, QLD and the NT an employer must accept the statement of attainment/certificate as evidence that you have completed the course. However everywhere else, it is up to your employer’s discretion if this is sufficient evidence that you have completed the course, pending the arrival of your card. Your employer is welcome to phone us directly to verify that you have completed the course. For those outside of QLD, NT and VIC once the card has been processed we can supply the White Card number.
Q Who is “authorised” to “certify” my Identification?
A In Queensland the “Authorised Person” must be either a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations, or Legal Practitioner. However, for all other States and Territories please refer to the link below for a list of “Authorised Person(s)”: http://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarationsignatorylist.aspx
Q Who can be my “observer”?
A The observer can be anyone who sees you do the course, including family members.