Another house fire has been attributed to a hoverboard

Here is an extract from the news story on ABC 21 April 2016.

A Sydney mother has said she is grateful her children were not harmed after a hoverboard burst into flames in a bedroom at their Bankstown home last night.

Photo of hoverboard on front lawn of a house after it exploded while being charged.

“The board was throwing metal parts around the room. The bed, everything else was catching on fire,” Shefa Kabah said. “The smoke went through all my lungs and it was a horrible thing.” Mrs Kabah said she shuddered to think what would have happened to her children had the hoverboard exploded on another night. “They’re on that hoverboard every single night at that time about 5:30pm to 6:30pm, rolling on it at home, so imagine

[if] they were on it,” she said. “I don’t want anyone to have that [hoverboard] again and I can’t believe Australia would allow people to sell it here.” Fire and Rescue New South Wales Superintendent Jeremy Fewtrell said it was the fifth fire associated with hoverboards in New South Wales. Read full story here

To check if your hoverboard is subject to a RECALL click on these two links 2015 and 2016